Sunday, November 16, 2008

Interview with MI State Senator Bill Hardiman - Introduction

Anyone who knows Bill Hardiman at all knows that he is less of a politician and more of an average Joe.  I first Met Mr Hardiman when he spoke at my church several years ago.  I knew nothing about him at the time and found him to be very genuine.  His wife, Clova, was also there when he spoke and he was not afraid to talk about the challenges that they faced in their married life.  Since that time I've met him in the grocery store a few times and also at the 4th of July celebration in the city where he was formerly mayor.  

Mr. Hardiman has a passion for marriages that is rooted in his own personal struggles and experiences much the same way my passion for married men has grown out of my struggles and experiences.  He and his wife founded an organization now called Healthy Marriages Grand Rapids,  he sits on the board of directors for the Dove Foundation, and he chairs the senate committee for Families and Human Services.  The accolades and credentials related to marriage and family nearly equal those of his political career.

It was a pleasure to sit with him over a coffee and talk about men and marriages.  I sat with him for about 40 minutes and talked with him about a number of topics.  An interview of 40 minutes transcribes into a lot of text on paper.  In an effort to make this as digestible as possible and easy to read, I've carved it up into three parts that are smaller and can easily be read in a short amount of time.   I'm posting all three at once, so you can come back anytime and read the entire interview at your own pace.  

I hope you enjoy this interview and I plan to do a few more of these in the coming months.

Thank you again for your support and feel free to tell me how you like this kind of content by leaving a comment.

No comments: